The Power Of The Maritime Data Analytics
In this era, with the fast-paced world, maritime analytics becomes a big world instead of a reference. From business owners to developers to the amateur become interested to know about everything related to the marine traffic industry, vessel movements, types, subtypes, ports calls, ETA, etc. Back in the day, since the Vessel Traffic Systems did not exist and all this revolution exposed the data for everyone.
So, what is maritime analytics, and who are those analytics are solving the maritime industry’s challenges?
What’s maritime data analytics?
Maritime Analytics is the process of analyzing data with tools to help the stakeholders of the maritime industry and the business owners to make better decisions and deal with upcoming events.
To make it clearer, it’s the fact of gathering and analyzing the data about all the marine traffic and trying to actively implement to avoid and predict additional costs that can be used throughout the life of a ship.
Who uses maritime data analytics?
The field of maritime analytics is vast and challenging because there is a variety of different business that benefits the maritime analytics services, from Tracking vessel’s movements to ports call through API or live maps.
From ship owners and managers, supply chain professionals, and global maritime organizations, the development of the technology of data and analytics expands the industry more and more.
- Shipowners are able to optimally plan their vessel’s maintenance on time in order to maximize the vessel availability by significantly reducing disruption.
- The shipping company can choose and decide on a good combination of route deployment in order to achieve higher shipping rates for their services and minimize wait times for new orders.
- Supply chain professionals and fulfillment centers gain insights to support proper inventory management and effective order and warehouse planning. Which leads to a constant flow of goods into the market, like Food Logistics – Analytics can help prevent spoilage, by live tracking the container or the vessel loaded with this food you can avoid losses.
- Port operators use maritime analytics to check port calls, keep updated on the port traffic, and coordinate the timely delivery of nautical and other maritime services in the safest way.
- Shipbuilding companies, by analyzing the results obtained from the sensors of previously used vessels through the data collected and analyzed over the life of the vessel.This helps and improves the future ship design.
- Maritime Management – as a business owner who’s waiting for different containers to reach the port, you need to prepare the documents for the port offload. Analytics gives the ability to know all the data and estimate the correct arrival time of the cargo or track it in real-time in oceans in order to prepare documents or resources at the right time.
- The Machine Learning industry needs accurate data about vessels in order to offer accurate solutions and actionable insights. The right analytics will help to overcome limitations and understand the benefits and take the right action based on the data, for exp the maritime surveillance solutions.
- Maritime Security companies have implemented new methods through analytics to defend its vessel against both internal and external threats. Like new startups use Drones for rescue, they need accurate data about the navigational status of collision or malfunction of the vessel.
How’s maritime analytics responding to the demands?
Customers nowadays become more informed when it comes to this industry and they have higher expectations than before. They choose the data providers/companies based on what they can offer, how much are aware of the need of their customers,s and if they know who they are.
Maritime analytics is helping to minimize the high risks, allows you to deal faster with the exceptions, reduces costs, and provides more visibility to the business owner and its customer as well.
Access to maritime analytics enables the highest level of transparency and predictability, ensuring awareness and robust management and improving voyage monitoring.
As a result, a lot of companies started working more on the data-solutions and trying to get accurate information regarding the marine traffic or let’s say the maritime analytics services.They are more focused to get the most accurate ETA information at the final destination port.
In Datalastic, as a data provider, our main goal is to provide our customers with accurate data with the easiest solution.
We have chosen to establish a method that suits the customers of this industry, through our API services, you can get access to multiple endpoints which gets you to access to different types of data.
The API services give the user full access to the real-time marine traffic data from movements of vessels, data about ports, and historical location.By running a simple request using the API key, all the data get collected and opened to you.
Datalastic REST API web services store historical maritime information, real-live maritime traffic overview, and future ships’ maritime traffic forecast. It is easy to get the API key and begin using the data for your project or application.It’s a self-service, the user is no longer in a need of a developer to search for him any type of data you want, which saves time and money.
We have covered all this in our previous blog post: Maritime Rest API: SELF-SERVICE System, you can check it anytime to get informed about it.
Read Other Maritime Articles
Assigning hazard levels to pressure vessels, is a way to warn about the potential hazard created. Those levels are determined by the AS 43434:2014 standards state, and these ratings act as essential warnings. We will find out in this article what are the different...
Having vessel data and unlocking the potential of the application programming interface (API) has been the developers' goldmine for a while. It is not often simple to get access to vessel API and ship data as maritime data providers tend to be secretive about the...
This article covers the importance of Deadweight ‘DWT’ and TEU measurements. Monitoring these values has led to increased cargo lift capacity and an improved tonne per mile ride coefficient rate. Nowadays these study cases are parts of the EU and Worldwide Maritime...
Containers ship tracking is a necessary function when it comes to supply chain management. Following the status of your container, all day through a hundred emails and messages can be exhausting sometimes especially if you have a big number of containers, it’s...
International Sea Routes for Navigation: This is a list of international Routes: 1:South Atlantic Oceanic Route 2:North Atlantic Oceanic Route 3:Routes of the Mediterranean Sea 4:Cape of Good Hope route 5:North Pacific Oceanic Route 6:South Pacific Oceanic...
In this era, the development of technology has significantly bettered the monitoring and tracking of vessels. In addition, the fast-developing satellite services have made tracking across the world easier now with different data analyses, such as navigational status....