Fishing Ship API
Trawler API or Finishing Vessel API is vital data in understanding global maritime traffic, analyzing data and creating forecasts, or making a custom application and integrations with the fishing vessel data API.
Commercial fishing is highly risky due to ongoing changing local and global regulations, laws, and marine bio environment itself. The 200-mile Exclusive economic zone has changed the patterns in fishing and vessel operations and it is important to reflect it using the fishing vessels’ data.
You can create your own fishing vessel project using maritime API. Here are 5 things you should know about trawlers and maritime data in general.
1. How fishing vessels are monitored?
Fisheries are one of the major maritime industries from the perspective of maritime vessel traffic load.
The governments closely monitor fisheries for a few reasons: to prevent overfishing, reduce marine pollution and to control marine life development. Overfishing can result in fish species enxtintion and as a result scarce of seafood for humans. Controlling it not only helps improve the marine biosphere but ensures future food supply for people all over the world.
In EU in particular, as a general rule, fishing vessels registered in the EU fishing fleet register have equal access to all the EU waters. Fisheries normally get authorization through a fishing license. However, the resources of the sea for most commercial fish species are limited through total allowable catches (TACs).
Fishing ships tracking with GPS and AIS satellite systems is mandatory for the most medium and large vessels. Fisheries are obliged to automatically report their position, location, speed, activity, course and other data to the authorities.
An AIS transmitter equipped on each fishing boat sends radio signals to the AIS receiver where the radio code reaches. Later the receiver transmits the code and decodes the message for further control and analysis.
What is the fishery Vessel Monitoring System (VMS)?
VMS was created between international governments and maritime territory for the purpose of fishing ships tracking.
VMS is different from AIS technology as discussed before and this encrypted information is sent and shared with every limited entities. Reporting is less frequent than AIS.
According to the European official portal, the vessel monitoring system (VMS) is a satellite-based monitoring system that at regular intervals provides data to the fisheries authorities on the location, course and speed of vessels.
VMS is nowadays a standard tool of fisheries monitoring and control worldwide.
2. How can you track fishing boats with fishing ship API?
Trawler data API allows you to access a great variety of data starting from general vessel information like name and type of the vessel finishing to location and the estimated time of arrival and other data.
For years this data has been available only to a few organizations and vessel owners around the world. With the world’s globalization, maritime data becomes more and more accessible and with that, you can also access and start using vessel tracking data to monitor the global fishing traffic.
To get fishing vessel API you just need to choose your plan, subscribe and you will receive your API key within 5 minutes, so you can access the data and start exploring it straight away.
3. How Does Fishing Vessel API work?
The approach to tracking fishing ships is different depending if you already know the fishing boats you want to track or if you yet need to make the research to find them.
- Find the fishing vessels you want to track. You can easily identify the list of all active fishing vessels in the world by using Vessel Finder API and keep this list automatically updated.
- Look fishing vessels up. After you find the whole list of fishing ships, call each vessel’s IMO or MMSI number to see where the ships are located and receive other data.
- Maritime Location Tracking. In case you are not interested in a particular vessel on its own but you are interested in a fishing zone to track fishing vessels in the area of your interest, you would be interested in Marine Location Tracking API where you are able to identify the area and select fishing vessels only to be shown when they enter in your selected zone.
4. What are the use cases of Fishing vessel tracking data API?
Based on the experience with projects that Datalastic customers typically take, here are a few ideas about what you could do with fishing ship tracking data:
- Fisheries tracking API for Analytics – a creation of dashboards and analysis of fisheries movement, creation predictions, and forecasts of maritime traffic.
- Fishing vessels API for Integration with existing apps – a substitution of existing API with faster and more agile data by Datalastic.
- Fisheries for Integration with ERPs – Integration of data in Enterprise Resource Planning systems for forecasting, costs calculation, and other integration in custom-made formulas.
- Fishing ships tracking API for Apps creation – a creation of mobile applications and using the API as a part of the services of the mobile app
- Fishing vessels accident investigation – data analysis for future accidents mitigations
- Other uses of fishing ships movement API – implementation of maritime data in other Project Management platforms, portals, websites etc.
Get inspired, create your project, and share with the world your data and findings.
Read Other Maritime Articles
Introduction: In Datalastic, through our different vessel API endpoints, users can get updated data for vessels and follow their movements in the oceans. Datalastic API web services stores historical maritime information from our own AIS receiving towers, real-live...
Assigning hazard levels to pressure vessels, is a way to warn about the potential hazard created. Those levels are determined by the AS 43434:2014 standards state, and these ratings act as essential warnings. We will find out in this article what are the different...
Having vessel data and unlocking the potential of the application programming interface (API) has been the developers' goldmine for a while. It is not often simple to get access to vessel API and ship data as maritime data providers tend to be secretive about the...
This article covers the importance of Deadweight DWT and TEU measurements. Monitoring these values has led to increased cargo lift capacity and an improved tonne per mile ride coefficient rate. Nowadays these study cases are parts of the EU and Worldwide Maritime...
In this era, with the fast-paced world, maritime analytics becomes a big world instead of a reference. From business owners to developers to the amateur become interested to know about everything related to the marine traffic industry, vessel movements, types,...
Tracking container with API services is a necessary function when it comes to supply chain management. Following the status of your container, all day through a hundred emails and messages can be exhausting sometimes especially if you have a big number of containers,...