Leveraging Ownership Vessel Data: A Case Study of Enhanced Business Performance
In the dynamic world of maritime commerce, access to accurate and detailed vessel data is not just a luxury but a necessity. This case study shared by our client explores how one company, leveraging our comprehensive ownership vessel data, significantly enhanced its deal-closing capabilities.
This transformation was after t the utilization of key ownership data points, including the IMO number, vessel name, and owner details, all accessed through our user-friendly API.
The Strategic Use of Vessel Data in Identifying Prospects
The subject of our case study, a prominent maritime services provider, sought to expand its client base and increase its market share. The challenge was navigating the vast and complex global maritime industry to identify potential clients effectively. This is where our ownership vessel data, accessed via a monthly subscription-based API from our website, became a game changer.
Ownership Data that was Utilized:
This example demonstrates how the company successfully utilized ownership data for a single vessel, enabling it to contact the managing company and subsequently close the deal.
- IMO number: 9951783
- Vessel name: KARLOVASI
- Beneficial owner: Samos Steamship Co
- Beneficial owner country: Greece
- Operator: Samos Steamship Co
- Operator Country: Greece
- Commercial Manager: Samos Steamship Co
- Commercial manager country: Greece
What Vessel Ownership Data that is accessible through an API?
The data available through the API is the following:
- IMO: International Maritime Organization number, a unique identifier for ships.
- Vessel Name: Name of the vessel.
- Beneficial Owner: Entity enjoying the benefits of ownership, even if the title is in another name.
- Beneficial Owner Country: Country of registration for the beneficial owner.
- Operator: Organization responsible for day-to-day management.
- Operator Country: Country where the operator is based.
- Flag Name: Flag state of vessel registration.
- Vessel Type Code: Type of vessel.
- Built Year: Year of vessel construction.
- Buyer: Entity that has purchased the vessel.
- DWT Design: Maximum weight (Deadweight Tonnage Design) the vessel is designed to carry.
- Class1 Code: Classification codes for vessel’s design, construction, and equipment compliance.
- Technical Manager: Entity responsible for technical management.
- Technical Manager Country: Country where the technical manager is based.
- Commercial Manager: Organization responsible for commercial operations.
- Commercial Manager Country: Country of registration for the commercial manager.
Enhancing Client Targeting with Owner-specific Data
The company integrated our API into its CRM system, allowing real-time access to detailed vessel data. This integration enabled them to identify vessels like “KARLOVASI” and understand their ownership structure, operational management, and commercial management details. The data’s granularity provided insights into the operational patterns and potential needs of vessel owners and operators, particularly those managed by Samos Steamship Co in Greece.
Business Success Through Tailored Vessel Data Insights
By leveraging ownership vessel data, the company could tailor its outreach and service offerings to match the specific needs of potential clients. For example, understanding that “KARLOVASI” was operated and managed by Samos Steamship Co, they could approach the company with customized solutions that catered to their operational patterns and preferences. This targeted approach resulted in higher engagement rates and a significant increase in successful deal closures.
The strategic use of ownership vessel data led to a marked improvement in business performance:
- Enhanced client targeting leading to a 30% increase in customer engagement.
- A 25% rise in deal closures within the first quarter of utilizing the data.
- Improved customer satisfaction due to more personalized service offerings.
Conclusion: The Future of Maritime Commerce with Ownership Vessel Data
This case study exemplifies how access to detailed and accurate ownership vessel data, such as that provided by Datalastic API, can be a transformative tool for businesses in the maritime sector. The ability to understand and anticipate the needs of vessel owners and operators is crucial in a competitive market, and our data provides the clarity and insight needed to achieve this. Businesses looking to gain an edge in the maritime industry can benefit significantly from the wealth of information our ownership vessel data offers.
Read Other Maritime Articles
Ship owners play a pivotal role in the maritime industry. They range from individuals to expansive corporations, responsible for hiring crews and managing the ship's journey. In this article we will unveiling how to uncover data about these owners and pinpoint the...
Find Vessels in Rotterdam Port: Rotterdam, the heartbeat of maritime Europe, is more than just a port. It's a crossroads for global trade, and a testament to human engineering. Rotterdam is equipped with state-of-the-art technology for managing and tracking vessels....
Real-time vessel tracking is a technology that allows businesses and individuals to monitor the movements of ships and boats in near real time. This is made possible through the use of vessel tracking systems, which use a combination of GPS, satellite, and other...
In the ever-evolving maritime industry, real-time and historical data play a pivotal role in decision-making and operational efficiency. Datalastic Vessel Engines Data emerges as a prime resource, offering comprehensive information through a versatile API subscription...
In the ever-evolving world of maritime operations, the ability to swiftly and effectively manage inspections and detentions is crucial. One notable success story in this realm comes from a logistics firm that harnessed the power of our comprehensive vessel data API to...
Introducing Advanced Reports Of Maritime Data With API We are excited to introduce our new "Maritime Advanced Reports" data endpoints, offering access to an extensive range of data. This enhancement means that in addition to thevessel tracking services that we...