Find 15 Major Maritime Ports in the World with API
Find major ports with API: In the world of maritime transportation, ports play a crucial role as key hubs for global trade and commerce. Identifying the major ports is essential for various stakeholders, including shipping companies, logistics providers, and port authorities. With the advent of maritime APIs, accessing comprehensive vessel journey and port data has become more accessible than ever before. By utilizing a maritime API to access ports data with API, it is now possible to efficiently find and analyze information about the 15 major ports worldwide. This data allows us to understand their significance in the global maritime landscape and make informed decisions based on the insights gained.
What are the 15 major ports around the world?
Based on the most recent statistics and the port data stored in our database, we have gathered and curated a list of 15 significant ports. These ports play a crucial role in global trade and serve as vital hubs for various maritime activities. By utilizing the coordinates provided alongside each port, you will have the means to explore and access data of these ports and their operations.
Major Ports in Asia:
Port of Shanghai, China (31.2270° N, 121.4956° E):
– Busiest global port
– Handles massive cargo volume
– Vital trade gateway in Asia-Pacific
Port of Singapore, Singapore (1.2814° N, 103.8631° E):
– Renowned for efficiency
– Major transshipment hub
– Key link between Asia and the world
Port of Busan, South Korea (35.0872° N, 129.0525° E):
– Advanced facilities and strategic location
– Vital role in connecting East Asia with the world
Port of Hong Kong, China (22.3080° N, 114.1667° E):
– Rich maritime history
– Major transshipment and logistics center
– Significant contribution to global trade
Port of Ningbo-Zhoushan, China (29.8661° N, 121.5515° E):
– Known for deep-water berths
– Extensive container handling capacity
– Vital player in global trade
Port of Tianjin, China (38.9968° N, 117.7279° E):
– Key gateway for trade in Northern China
– Handles extensive container traffic
– One of the world’s busiest ports
Port of Tokyo, Japan (35.6427° N, 139.7670° E):
– Significant maritime gateway for Japan
– Handles diverse cargo
– Supports the country’s economy
Major Ports in Europe:
Port of Rotterdam, Netherlands (51.9225° N, 4.47917° E):
– One of the largest ports globally
– Handles extensive container traffic
– Key logistics hub at the heart of Europe
Port of Antwerp, Belgium (51.2217° N, 4.3997° E):
– Europe’s second-largest port
– Efficient handling of diverse cargo
– Recognized for infrastructure and connectivity
Port of Hamburg, Germany (53.5444° N, 9.9840° E):
– Germany’s largest port
– Key gateway for trade with Central and Eastern Europe
– Located on the River Elbe
Major Ports in America:
Port of Long Beach, United States (33.7542° N, 118.2165° W):
– One of the busiest US ports
– Major trans-Pacific trade gateway
– Located in Southern California
Port of Los Angeles, United States (33.7366° N, 118.2619° W):
– Substantial cargo volume
– Facilitates global trade
– Adjacent to Port of Long Beach
Port of Santos, Brazil (23.9550° S, 46.3350° W):
– The largest port in Brazil
– Critical gateway for trade in the region
– Significance in agriculture and industrial goods
Major Ports in the Middle East:
Port of Jebel Ali, United Arab Emirates (24.9857° N, 55.0280° E):
– Major transshipment hub in the Middle East
– State-of-the-art facilities
– Connectivity to global shipping networks
Major Ports in Australia:
Port of Sydney, Australia (33.8688° S, 151.2093° E):
– Largest container and cargo port in Australia
– Supports domestic and international trade
– Located on the southeastern coast
How to find maritime ports with API?
Introducing our maritime port API, you now have the ability to access comprehensive information on seaports across the globe. Moreover, our API services have been designed with simplicity in mind, making it effortless for our users to explore all the port data they require. Leveraging our extensive experience in the maritime industry, we understand the specific needs of businesses and developers, and we are committed to delivering precisely that.
By utilizing our Port finder endpoint, you will get access to port data and filtering options that allow you to refine your search, avoiding generic queries that can waste your valuable time and effort.
Consequently, with a database encompassing over 21,000 active ports worldwide, all of this port data is consolidated within a single API endpoint, namely the port finder endpoint.
You may also like to read: Maritime Ports Data
Accessing the port data stored in our database can be achieved in just three simple steps.
- Visit our Pricing page
- Choose the suitable plan for you
- Get the API key delivered to your email inbox
How to get port data using API?
Using the API, you can either search by Name, location, country and many others paramaters.
Let’s take an API requests example:
In the first request, we performed a search using coordinates (LAT/LON) and radius. The API request will retrieve and return data about all the ports within those coordinates.
In the second request, we performed a search using the name and port types. The API request will retrieve and return data about all the ports that have the name “Rotterdam” and the type “Port”.
Port Finder API Response Example:
Read Other Maritime Articles
Access real-time, historical and future dates flight API to get flight status, location, delay, route data and more. Flight APIs of Aviation Edge are useful data tools for developers with global flight data and uptime rates of 99.9%. Flight Tracking: Keep tabs...
Get real-time aircraft location and speed data with Aviation Edge Flight Tracker API. The flight tracking data allows you to monitor an aircraft’s real-time location, speed, and status throughout its route. The API uses REST which allows a clear and simple integration...
Flight Schedules API developed by Aviation Edge provides real-time, historical and future airport timetable data. Track departure and arrival schedules of airports worldwide. Alternatively, use an airline filter to track an airline’s flight schedule. Flight number ...
Maritime API, a revolution in the shipping and logistics sector, have transformed the way businesses in this industry operate. They grant access to a wealth of data about ships, their journeys, and intricate details that can be leveraged to streamline operations....
Finding ships in the New York Port is akin to tapping into the pulse of global commerce. Serving as the eastern gateway to the U.S., the NYC port is a bustling hub of trade. Its terminals show how important it is for worldwide links. In this article, we will identify...
Cargo Vessels tracking with API with Datalastic provides a comprehensive database of cargo vessels and their properties, including information on ship subtype, IMO number, MMSI number, name, flag, length, breadth, and more. With the API, developers can easily access...